Proin dui sodales imperdi sit sapien fames ac luctus05/09/2014
CHERISH BRIDAL ….WAVING OUR FLAG!!07/07/2014
You are on the final stretch to your special day!
A countdown list for the final months always helps to put things in perspective and helps you not to feel overwhelmed by the whole planning process.
Buy yourself a gorgeous wedding planner to keep up to date with to do lists etc and you also have a great momento for you to look over after your wedding day!!
Nominating a good friend to help with the planning will also take off some of the stress from your shoulders and don’t feel guilty for delagating!!!
Here below is CHERISH BRIDAL’S countdown to help you arrive at your special day a little easier!!
12 months to go…
- Have the budget conversation with your fiancé and your parents
- Fix a date and time together.
- Decide on guest numbers…be realistic.
- Visit reception venues and book one as soon as possible, make sure you ask lots of questions.
- Buy wedding insurance , its a must these days!
11 months to go…
- Send your save-the-dates to your family and guests.
- Book your photographer and videographer (Make sure the church or wedding venue allows photos and videos to be shot!)
- Book the caterer, DJ and/or band….recommendations are always the way to go!
- Make appointments to try on wedding dresses, take people you appreciate feedback from.
10 months to go…
- Choose your wedding party- bridesmaids, ushers and best man etc
- choose your wedding gown (allow at least six months for a made-to-measure dress to be delivered)
- Choose and order your bridesmaid’s gowns.
- Start thinking about your honeymoon, including the costs, season and flights, make sure you tally this in your budget.
9 months to go…
- Find a recommended florist to talk about your flowers, including buttonholes, bouquets and arrangements for the church and reception venue
- Taste and confirm your menu and drinks with your caterer/venue.
- Choose and order your bridesmaid outfits, if not already booked.
8 months to go…
- If you’re getting married in a church, discuss readings , poems etc with the minister or priest and music with the musicians check if you are allowed to play your own choice of song if this is what you want .
- If it’s a civil ceremony, ask about what readings and music are permitted,confirm details with registrar.
- Order invitations and envelopes (allow one invitation per married couple or family), plus place cards, menus and a seating plan.
7 months to go…
- Book your wedding cars/carriage to the wedding venue and on to the reception for you and your bridal party (as well as a car to take you to your first-night hotel or the airport if family cant oblige)
- Order your wedding cake….again recomendations are important!
- Choose and order wedding favours….match these with your colour theme.
6 months to go…
- Remind your fiancé to get his and the usher’s suits arranged….visiting wedding fairs is a good tip.
- Choose thankyou gifts for the wedding party….watch your budget !
- Pick your wedding rings. check order delivery times for these to avoid hiccups.
- Confirm the order of service with your vicar or registrar, then have wedding booklets printed. If you have a choir, they need copies, too.
5 months to go…
- Go honeymoon holiday hunting (Remember summer clothes aren’t easy to find in the winter and vice versa!)
- Book a hairdresser and style consultation take your tiara and veil if possible to ensure they suit the style you want.(do this earlier if you’re planning to grow your hair)
- Book your make-up artist and trial appointments….if your not happy make sure you say so its too late on the day!
4 months to go…
- If you’re changing your name, renew your passport now or do it after you have your honeymoon. the officiating minister or registrar will sign the form.
- Find out if you need visas or inoculations for your honeymoon.
- Discuss hen and stag night plans with chief bridesmaid/best man and work out costs for friends you wish to attend.
- Book transport for hen/stag.
3 months to go…
- Pick a company and start gift-list window shopping!
- Book for a colour (if you get your hair coloured)and a trim
- Start pamper regime for face, hair, toes and nails.
- Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of water.
- Pop a note pad by your bed for those middle of the night thoughts …dont leave them till morning.
- Organise a rehearsal and inform those who will need to be there
- Attend a reading of the banns, if you’ll marry in a church.
2 months to go…
- Send out invitations six weeks before the day and keep a list of acceptances.
- Check that you have organised the rings, his wedding clothes, and your first-night hotel on the wedding night.
- Try on your whole wedding outfit, including headdress, shoes and underwear. Forgotten anything? Get it!
- Book any other beauty treatments (nails, fake tans, etc.)
1 month to go…
- Confirm wedding guest numbers with caterers and do your seating plan.
- Discuss any special requests with your band or DJ.
- Order honeymoon currency and traveller’s cheques, buy toiletries to pack for honeymoon check luggage allowance.
- Attend fittings for wedding gown /bridesmaids gowns .
- Visit the hairdresser a final time to try out hairstyles with your veil and tiara, and have your final cut and colour, make sure you are absolutely happy with what you want!
- Have your hen and stag nights – after all that palnning it’s time to chill!
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Finalise your Seating chart
- Confirm delivery time and locations with florist ensure enough button holes ordered just in case!
- Contact any guests you have not received an acceptance from and check attendance.
- Update caters/Venue of numbers
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Give final guest numbers to venue/receptions/caterer
- Make sure the men have their final suit fitting
- Make sure you have booked Your final dress fittings and collection for your gowns with the retailer.
- Reconfirm everything with everyone one last time.
1 Day Before
- Attend rehearsal (if you are having one)
- Have a manicure/pedicure
- Confirm wedding day transportation
- Reconfirm hair and make appointments for the wedding day
- Confirm all duties required with the wedding party
- Try to get an early night and relax!
Your Wedding Day has arrived….eek!!
- Try to eat breakfast, even if you think you aren’t hungry…keep sugar levels up!!
- Have your hair and makeup done, if you have someone dressing you make sure they know where to come!
- Begin dressing approx two hours before ceremony is scheduled to begin.
- Take a deep breath, relax and most importantly enjoy your big day!
Of course this list is only a template guide, if you wish to plan things sooner then thats up to you , this is just a checklist to keep you on track.
Lots of brides plan their day well in advance there are no rules as to when you should begin ….just enjoy the whole process !
FINALLY, HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY…..FROM ALL AT CHERISH BRIDAL NORTHWICH CHESHIRE. X